The aim of energy management is to provide managers with information on the energy demands of products in the form required for managerial decision making.
- Analysis of technological equipment
- Development of the target concept
- Development of the design documentation for the installation of measuring devices and their communication
- Installation of the measuring devices and connection to the KOMTERM group technological information system
- Visualization of the target concept data and access via web portal
- Guarantee of true, current, safe, accessible and archived data
- Servicing of the installed measuring devices
- Analytical support for interpretation of the acquired data
- Proposal of technical measures aimed at cost savings
Advantages of EM
- Investments in the installation of meters is covered by KOMTERM group and reimbursed through provided services
- KOMTERM guarantees the accuracy of measurement topology and with it the achieved results
- KOMTERM provides data processed in aggregate form for management needs
- The customer does not require staff to manage meters, information systems, servers, software, backup and to evaluate the measured data
- Technical Controlling - evaluating the energy performance of the product, object, according to the customer requirements in different timelines
- Standardized energy requirements - the definition of standardized consumption and comparing measured data with the consumption
- Evaluation of production - monitoring the utilization of production capacity and comparing to total efficiency
- Allocation and Billing - preparation of invoicing data for other entities for each energy utility
- Consumption charts - evaluation of actual consumption and comparison with contracted rates
What are the advantages of the energy management (EM) and monitoring of energy consumption?
There is no doubt that quality accounting and controlling contribute to good economy. The problem arises when the material or media is difficult to measure and to convert into accounting units.
Therefore quality energy measurement and analysis of the association between the measured data/results to particular activities is a very important management tool.
The introduction of EM thus significantly contributes to the detection of operational reserves in energy savings, as well as the compliance with technological discipline and thereby ensures the quality of the final product.
Why should we contract an external vendor to implement energy management?
Measurement of energy and particularly efficient processing of measured data is an area requiring the knowledge of many specialists: energy, design, data transmission, processing and archiving of data, knowledge of web applications, mathematical processing of measured data and analysis of the results.
It is not effective for even a large company to employ this many specialists in addition to its main activities. If we were to provide them with enough projects to render them experienced, it would lead to the change in the general focus of the company.
Therefore, it is preferable to focus on the definition of specifications, which requires thorough knowledge of production technology and the parameterization and issues related to energy demands should be contracted to a specialized company.
What is the advantage of the KOMTERM concept, enabling the use of the energy management as a service?
The client does not need to employ a team of specialists and there is no need to own complex equipment. The maintenance of the measuring systems is also demanding with respect to know-how and costs.
It is better when the entire system is owned by a specialized company who also maintains it and the client is provided with selected data files over a web application. The Client´s management may thus focus on the main line of business, making use of the provided data to make successful decisions. Payments for the incurred investments and continuous service are in the form of regular instalments.
Can a client withdraw from the energy management contract during the validity of the contract?
Every contract can be amended by addendums, including the termination clause. The client may change its production technology, the topology of the monitored energy centres, etc. In these cases the addednums enable the contract to be updated and the original concept can be adjusted.
If the service is terminated, the client is required to pay the residual value of the metering and transmission system. The amount depends on the duration of the contract for the provision of energy management.